Obedience: compliance with an order, submission to someone else’s authority
– we don’t want anyone telling us what to do
– we live in a culture that promotes that WE are our own God
God provided everything man needed in the Garden
– there was one tree they couldn’t eat from
– God gave them a choice, he wanted us to have free will. We worship Him because we GET to
– He wanted our hearts
– the enemy is always trying to disrespect what God has created. He’s trying to disappoint us
– Why is obedience so hard?
– because our sinful nature came from the choice to eat the fruit from the forbidden tree
The Cause of Obedience in Our Lives
– Deuteronomy 28:1-2
– God wants to put you together with no missing ingredients. EVERY PART MATTERS.
– He’s giving us the instructions or ingredients to live a whole life.
– When we obey Him, He makes us the best version of who we can be
– GODS LOVE IS UNCONDITIONAL BUT HIS BLESSINGS ARE OPTIONAL
– we can’t expect God to bless our mess. He created us to be less messy.
– consistency is the key to breakthrough
– you have to be consistent in your giving
– obedience has to be consistent
– Obedience to God when we don’t want to, when it hurts, and when it’s not convenient
1. Obedience produces popularity
– Deuteronomy 28:3-4
– obedience opens opportunities for us to have influence in this world
– if you want doors to open in your life, be obedient to God
2. Obedience produces protection
– Deuteronomy 28:7
– God does not promise us a life without enemies, but he promises victory over our enemies if we are obedient
– God promises that when we walk in obedience — enemies will be defeated before our eyes (visible victory) & the enemies plans will be scattered all over the place
– Proverbs 16:7
3. Obedience produces provision and prosperity
– Deuteronomy 28:8
– provision is supply us with what we need
– obedience can help you prosper
– investments, a paycheck, etc. are not your source. God is your provider & source.
– God wants to give us the desires of our heart
– if it’s in His will He wants to give it to you
4. Obedience produces promise
– Deuteronomy 28:9
– God is looking to establish you — to make firm and to make stable.
– Deuteronomy 28:13
– we need to pay attention to God’s IFs
– IFs is a conjunction. it’s a connection with God, not a condition
– if you listen to God’s IFs, you will live a blessed life