1. Where do I belong?
– people don’t care how much you know, they care how much you care
– most people today want community because people don’t belong these days so they’re looking to the church for the answer
– why we want to be the friendliest church in the ville
HOW TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION:
– You have to belong first in order to make others feel that they belong
– Small groups are important
– Being on a serve team
– Schedule stuff outside of church
– meet with people outside of the church//do life with people
– Pretend that people have a sign around their neck that says “make me feel important”
– it makes people feel as if they’re connected and belong in your circle
3. Does my life matter?
– God thinks your life matters!!
– He cares for YOU
– He gives us each our own individual purpose
– YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN ACCOMPLISH IT
1 John 3:16
– let people know that they matter
– encourage people
– pray for people
– when God highlights someone to you pray for them & let them know
1. What is truth?
THE TRUTH IS THE UNCHANGING WORD OF GOD!
– the message STAYS THE SAME despite what is happening in culture
– we can pray for people all we want but if we don’t present the truth (bible) then they will never know how to change based on the truth
– people are confused today and confusion is NOT from God
– GOD IS PEACE
– It’s hard to preach the truth today because people think you’re hating but hating is not caring enough to confront the truth
– “We (as the Church) need to stay grounded in a TRUTH based faith not an emotions based faith”
– emotions are going to come & go, people are going to come and go BUT HIS WORD STANDS FIRM FOREVER.
– love and acceptance is not equal to agreement